You still able to spend time with family?

I know 2020 had made a mess of our lives but for some of us, the unfortunate reality is that we can’t spend time with family or see them much, if at all. I have family in a few different states. The ones that are local are too concerned about spreading the virus to want to get together for anything. Outside of my one brother and my uncle, I have not seen any of my family since Christmas of 2019. It sucks really bad at times. Not everyone uses or knows how to use video chat as well.

Have you been able to spend time with your family since the 2020 mess hit?

1 Like

I have been able to see most of my family, just not as often. The only time we get together is when it is only a few of us and we try to do things outside which hasn’t been easy since it is winter. I was able to see everyone over the summer though. No one got sick even though we had a pretty big gathering for the 4th.

1 Like

Yes and no. I didn’t spend much time with family prior to 2020. We mostly got together for holidays and birthdays, that was it. Since then, we have only gotten together for a few things. I am not bothered by it but I can totally understand why closer families would be.

1 Like

My family really didn’t care about precautions over corona virus until my brother got it and some distant relatives died of it which was right after christmas. Now theyre more cautious which is more comforting.

1 Like

Oh yess that y will have time and y will want to pass time with my family why y should don’t have want to pass time whit them also if the new xfire will reborn eh sorry ???

We have gotten together a few times but nothing like we are used to. We normally have a big family reunion every year in the late summer and last summer we couldn’t d it. Too much of a risk for the older people in the family. I think we are going to try this year. Even if some people need to wear masks. The event is outdoors though.

1 Like

My mother is very paranoid about getting the virus so I have to jump through hoops to visit my parents. It is annoying but at least I still get to see them.

1 Like

Not as much as I would like to. It seems like before 2020 I was wishing to spend less time with them but since not being able to, it sucks and I feel bad for wishing that lol

I am glad some people are able to and I am sorry for those of you who are not able to be with your family. I am really hoping by the fall, we can go back to normal and not worry about this mess anymore.

I’ve been working from home long before the pandemic, so spending time with family is a given. That said, when you work from home, you’re technically working 24/7 (or expected to be). So you might be with family, but still have minimal time spent doing things together. :pensive:

It seems since posting about it, my family is indeed going with the reunion this year. They booked the outdoor venue for late July. This makes me happy. I am not a big family guy or anything but I miss being able to complaining about needing to socialize with family lol

1 Like

Sounds good! Hopefully, with those vaccinations slowly distributing, things will stabilize to get back to a semblance of normality.

1 Like

In my area, things are going back to normal more and more. All dining is okay now and while masks are still required to go into shops and things, we are able to socialize and have gatherings now. I am looking forward to this summer since last summer I spent mostly alone. It was awful.

2 Likes

Yeah I am seeing some easing on restrictions around me too. Hoping they ease off of them during the summer for a bit. They can do one more flu season with precautions but after that, I think everything needs to return to normal. People should just make a habit of wearing masks when they are sick just like they do in Japan.

1 Like

Most of my family who is able to get vaccinated or who wants to has been signed up and should be getting their vaccines next month. All good news. I hope we can have a more normal summer this time!

1 Like