What will come next for Nintendo?

They mentioned that they are working around the clock on their next console. I am not sure if this will be a newer/sleeker version of the Switch or an entirely separate console. The Switch was released in 2017, about 4 years ago. I don’t think they will go all in for a new console but rather take the approach of upgrading and making the Switch better with a newer design.

1 Like

If they do what they did with the Wii and the WiiU, I expect them to just produce a more polished, feature-packed Nintendo Switch. Maybe have some more features that are geared at serious gamers and adults.

1 Like

I mean they did a merger of their handheld consoles with the Switch so I am assuming they stick to that. Probably introduce a few levels of buying. Like a lite version (like they did with the Switch), the standard, and then the pro version.

^ I would prefer that. I think having 3 different options would allow for people to buy within their budget as well. Not everyone would want or need all the features anyways.

I don’t care what they do, I just hope the next console is easier to get. I know so many people who have yet to be able to buy one, others who have just flat out given up because they are sick of waiting. My one friend who is a Nintendo fanboy used the money he intended on using to buy a Switch and invested in a gaming PC instead. He said he is done with consoles now.

1 Like

This is my first thought. They are just going to make a better Switch essentially. Maybe call it something like Switch-UP or something.

1 Like

I do hope that too about the console being more available. It is ridiculous that people are still waiting to buy the darn thing and it has been almost 4 years since it released. For me, at this point, I am not even going to buy one. I will just wait and hope I can get the next one. I was fortunate enough to know a few people who do own them and I am able to borrow it to play games.

I actually like that name! I mean it goes perfectly with their concept now and the UP can imply it will have more versatile uses.

It’s funny that these days, a 4 year lifespan is enough to lead to a new console. I do think the Switch’s successor is in development, but probably not for another couple of years to be released (given how good the Switch and Switch Lite are doing, yet still at premium prices).

But really, after a Breath of the Wild sequel (The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild 2 Accidental Leaks - Xfire), I’d just really be happy to see Metroid 4 getting done (as of October last year, they were still hiring new artists for that project!).

1 Like

Oh, I would LOVE to see a new Metroid game. Man, that would be HUGE. If they are going to release that this year (not likely imo) we will see some stuff about it closer to summer. Or maybe they will announce it this summer for a 2022 release. I completely forgot they were working on that.

1 Like

Looks like we are getting a bunch of remakes for the time being. lol

Typical Nintendo is being typical. Ah well. I am sure we will get news about the next console over the summer.

1 Like