Virtual board/card games or physical ones?

I am wondering what your thoughts are on this guys and gals.

I have always loved physical boardgames and card games since I was a child but given how much has changed in just the last year, it seems like virtual ones have more value in them. Like I can play these games with friends/family without being in the same place as them which is beneficial since COVID screwed us all over.

What do you prefer and why?

I have always been partial to physical card games and physical board games. I have played both and understand why having virtual ones can be fun and useful but I like interacting with people in person for these kinds of games.

1 Like

Not really into either but if I had to choose, I would say virtual. Especially now. I am not a very social person and prefer to stay home but also don’t like having a group of people over. Would be far easier to play these kinds of things online.

1 Like

Virtual for me. It is easier and there is no mess to clean up after. Also, you can play them on the go so like if you are stuck somewhere, there is almost an app for every boardgame these days.

1 Like

I don’t play boardgames but I do enjoy card games. I used to play Magic the Gathering and the Pokemon card game. Bother are a lot of fun in person. I never tried them online.

1 Like

This is actually true too, especially when kids are involved. I go to my brother’s once a week or so for a game night with him, his wife, and their kids and boy do they make a mess of things lol