The Troy Walmart Playstation 5 Indictment

So this happened. About 100 shoppers, mostly teens and young 20’s, lined up outside the Walmart in Troy following rumors of there being five PS5 consoles available to buy. They spent hours in the cold waiting overnight for the story to open only to find there were no consoles in stock. The police showed up to break them up and ensure nothing escalated.

Wow, that has to suck for them. Not worth spending hours outside. Is this Troy Michigan we are talking about? It was FREEZING outside last night. I don’t know who started the rumor but at least it was only 100 people that showed up and not much more. I don’t know if they would have been able to keep people calm.

1 Like

I don’t think it made the news. If it does, I will share, but a Walmart about 40 minutes from where I live had the same thing happened. Not as many people showed up but a fight did break out between them. The only reason I know is because I know someone who works at this Walmart.

I don’t understand why people act like animals just to get a console. I get wanting one but just wait until they are in stock and you know for sure they are there. If you get one you do, if not, you’ll get one next time. It isn’t like they will suddenly stop stocking them.

This happens more often than you think. It only takes one person to say something on Twitter or Facebook and people lineup. This is why you don’t believe everything you read online. Probably would have been a good idea to call the store the day before.

1 Like

This kind of stuff happens every time a new console comes out. People go nuts and start hounding stores even if it is only based on rumors. I don’t know many people who got either new console but I am sure come January, it will be easier to get both.

I am shocked they haven’t been able to stock more. Maybe they held back on production because of the virus issue and people watching their spending. I feel like really should have considered that people would still be more than willing to buy the consoles.