Stores need to do something about scalpers

Can’t they just make it so you have to enter in some kind of 16 digit code before you buy a PS5, Switch, or Xbox? It is so ridiculous that people can’t find any of these consoles anywhere still. Like I get that there is a pandemic but come on. It is really pissing me off. I see people talking about it all the time online. I have yet to get a console myself. I have had to play on other people’s consoles which sucks because of the virus, it isn’t like I can just go to my cousin’s, brother’s, or friend’s and play anytime I want to.

2 Likes

The easiest way to buy one is to go to a store in person when you know they have stock. I know several people who own the newer consoles. That is the only way to do it. You can’t buy any of them online at this point because they sell out in 2 seconds. Quite literally. I have seen it happen with my own eyes.

1 Like

I doubt they will just for the simple fact that they are making sales. They don’t care if one person buys all 50 consoles they had on stock or not. They made their money that is all they care about.

I don’t know what you mean by using a code. They use software to buy them which can just be directed to do other commands and adapt. Since they are in such short supply, they should be in store only sales and limit people to one per person. Problem solved.

They won’t do anything. Companies’ only concerns is getting product out there and said product getting bought. A scalper is technically a buyer. If they sell it for ridiculous prices later, Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, etc. have no concerns about that.

2 Likes

Good luck getting them to care. The only way they would do something about it is if it effected sales. So boycotting buying the consoles won’t do anything cause the scalpers would just be buying all of them.

The only way to get the message across I guess would be to stop buying the games but you would have to get a lot of people not to buy them. You’d have better luck winning a million on a scratch off.

2 Likes

I said this already, I mean I said it back when he Xbox One and PS4 came out… It has just gotten worse. The companies want their sales and so do the stores so they don’t care who is buying them.

2 Likes

My younger brother worked at a Walmart when the Xbox One came out and he said they limited sales on that and the PS4. They only allowed people to buy one console. I think this is because they know they are guaranteed sales in store when they only keep a small amount stocked. Problem is, these days they don’t keep enough stock and allow most of it to be bought online.

1 Like

From what I gather, the low stock is more due to the supply chain and delivery affected by the pandemic. Mostly, it exacerbated the already existing problem with scalpers.

1 Like

A lot of valid points.

I mean I get it that stores want to make their sales and there is issues with stock because of the virus but they could still do something about the scalpers.