Resident Evil Village File Size

So we know the size of the game via the Microsoft store and it is 50.02 GB for the bundle.

Resident Evil 8 is 35 GB while Re: Verse is 15 GB. The game itself is 35GB.

I am actually surprised considering the last game was 20.21 GB. The game will be running in 4k at 60 fp as well. I expect the game to be 50 GB+, not including the bundle.

That does seem small but I think they are better at condensing file sizes now compared to just 10 years ago so I am not entirely shocked.

1 Like

I am hoping this one has a good story. I know a lot of people are making a big deal about the “villains” of the story being women which I don’t care about either way. I just want the story to be good.

1 Like

Yeah, same. I don’t know if this is because I am older or what but I felt the last 3 resident evils just haven’t done much for me in terms of story.

This is better though especially for people who have the smaller memory. I was not expecting it to be massive but based on the size, I am wondering if it will be a shorter story.

^ That is a good point. Maybe it will be a shorter story overall which is why the DL is not such a big size. I will have to look into this more. If it is a shorter game, I will wait for it to go on sale.

1 Like

I hope this isn’t the case. I prefer the games to take awhile to play which is a big part of the fun. Feeling like I could speed run the game with one hand doesn’t make it sound very entertaining to me.

I don’t think this will reflect the overall length of the game. The map or “world” could be very large but because it is closed off, it will be smaller in size.

1 Like

I mean yeah the games are done better these days in a way to save memory and optimize things but it does seem like it might end up being a shorter game overall.

I guess we will have to wait and see. It comes out on May 7th for anyone wondering about the release date. Also, there are some scams going around. I will make a thread for that.