Perfect Dark Announced

Anyone else excited to see where this one goes? I was shocked it was announced.

With Perfect Dark, we’re aiming to deliver a secret agent thriller set in a near-future world.

We have built the Perfect Dark team at The Initiative by bringing in some of the most talented game makers from around the industry who all share a passion for storytelling, world-building and creating memorable game experiences. With the full backing from Xbox Studios to re-imagine one of the best loved IPs from gaming history, we couldn’t be more excited to share some of our early ideas.

You can read more about it here: https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/12/10/announcing-perfect-dark-from-the-initiative/

2 Likes

I don’t know much about it. They didn’t show anything. I guess this is to be expected, it is Microsoft. lol I will likely play it but I am not getting my hopes up too soon, just yet.

Eh. Nothing I was jumping for joy over. It could be a cool game but I won’t be sitting on it like I did for RDR2 or Cyberpunk. I’ll wait and see where it goes and if it seems decent, I will get it when it launches.

I am pretty hyped about it but I want to wait and see. They didn’t show us anything. It was only an announcement. Xbox is known for doing this though. I wish they would have waited until they had something to show for the game.

I mean if you enjoyed the OG, then this will be worth a play. You don’t need to know too much about it to know whether or not it will be worth your interest or not. I didn’t care much for the original so I probably will skip it. That and I don’t know if I will be getting an X Series. Might just go with PS5.

I loved the N64 game so I am pretty hopeful for this one. I still remember playing it along with other titles of the time. I know this is not up there for some people but it was for me and my brother, and our group of friends.

I think this might end up being a really good game. I am not going to make any judgments yet since I don’t know where they are going to go with it but I can’t wait to see some footage once they get things going.

Never played the first one so I can’t say I am excited by the news but given the route gaming seems to be going, I will keep an eye on it. Might be worth checking out.