New Xfire App - What Features?

BRING THE XFIRE CLIENT BACK FROM THE DEAD. XFIRE CAN BE BETTER THAN DISCORD. BETTER THAN TWITCH. BETTER THAN YOUTUBE. XFIRE CAN BE THE BEST. XFIRE CAN LINK ALL OUR GAMING CLIENTS TOGETHER STEAM EPIC GAMES ORIGIN UPLAY XBOX LIVE PSN MOBILE ANDROID IOS WINDOWS 10 FACEBOOK ETC ALL IN ONE PLACE. ONE CLIENT FOR EVERYTHING. WITH A SERVER BROWSER FOR ALL 1000s OF GAMES XFIRE SUPPORTED AND MORE. HOST TOURNAMENTS. LET US MAKE CLANS/ COMMUNITIES. LET US TAKE SCREENSHOTS LET US TAKE CLIPS LET US STREAM. LET US HAVE RANK OR SOME KIND OF LEVEL SYSTEM AND ACHIEVEMENTS. LET’S MAKE IT HAPPEN XFIRE 2.0. XFIRE IS REBORN. XFIRE IS ALIVE. XFIRE WILL NEVER DIE. XFIRE IS KING.

-SHINTOGOD

add your subjections below don’t say o just use some other existing app like discord or twitch or steam or youtube or whatever it may be. this is XFIRE. if you think they should integrate that stuff great.

also we still have the Xfire Official Steam Group

4 Likes

Imo xfire is always gonna be better than discord, as long as it will be the same as it was back in the day, it will be amazing, way better than discord and steam. Built-in browser, clans/communities, server lists etc. I just miss the good old xfire

3 Likes

yes indeed battlefield 2 was something i enjoyed only because of Xfire

2 Likes

It is awsome that you want to get the community involved to make something that all of us can enjoy. Well, I think altought xfire has a new logo and is aiming for something different, the retro style and the good old sounds should prevail. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
In the matter of the tweaks and features here’s some:

• Most dedicated clients allows the players to purchase the games and then the games was associated with the specific account for that specific client. Last year ( i think) EA decided to put their games for sale on steam as well, and i think users saw that as a shutdown for origin, making it possible now to have all the games that they purchased in origin all in one client (If you wanted to buy the game a second time :laughing:) … the point is, if it was possible to buy the games in the different platforms and gather them in one single client like xifre (possibly detect the installed games) it would feel amazing (and diferent too) !

• The way that xfire was able to form a team (or clan), was something that i never saw again. It was clean, the people inside the clan had their dedicated spot in my friends list, the group chat was nice, my profile show in which teams am I, the pages of the teams were pretty good with a picture and the list of the members (like a miniwebsite of the team), long story short it was simple, fast and cool. Currently i do not have this in any platform steam groups doesnt mean anything, I have to travel along the client to get to the groups, they management is god damn awfull, anyway i dont feel close like i was in xfire to them.

• The recording videos and pictures are cool yeah, I dont use it to much but I saw some people that care about that tweaks.

• The server list (as well as the server status) and the fact that you could join the game quickly by a simple click in your client was SO AMAZING. Matchmaking destroyed communities that gather players of a certain region into a server. When i logged on into xfire I saw people i know in the pub server and I wanted to join to just say hello or share a bullet or two. Matchmaking is boring and sometimes brings up some problems and stop functioning properly, thats why games keep releasing server browser option … Having that in a client ? BUM ! Different and amazing.

• Chats with stable voice services Is also (for what I read here) something very appreciated, since it discards the fact that you need to haver another app running in the background.

• In game options are pretty cool too … being able to browse on the internet or choose from a song (in spotify for example) seems a good thing to have.

• Regarding the webpage from a certain player I wouldn’t change a thing … it’s simple, it’s clean it has everything that I usually look for when visiting someones page.

• The last thing that could be quite new to the old version, would be a ranking system within the website. Something like clanbase with a little bit of battlelog from Battlefield. People also liked the clanbase because it was simple to start a ranked match and the team profiles had a nice presentation and support for various games

3 Likes

This gonna be super random recommend feature and ideas.
There no logical reason behind this I couldn’t sleep been think about how great xfire client could can and will be and future of xfire. So here it goes I am just so excited. I am going to list everything I can think of

• SHINTOGOD

Xfire should have its own currency for cryptocurrence xfire coins or xfire gold or xfire silver or xfire bronze or xfire points. Or xfire bronze accounts xfire silver accounts xfire gold accounts xfire platinum accounts xfire titanium accounts. Community xfire ambassador accounts.Or xfire curator accounts. Or better yet we can earn and spend on like upgrades to accounts like we can unlock skins bigger friend list limit emotes for chat stickers gif profile picture avitar frames or boarders. skins rewards for playing games on top of hours tracking. Maybe fitness tracker in mobile xfire app link with like google fit. Walk 10,000 steps get 10,000 points. Reviews for games daily surveys from games to about random things we earn xfire points. Have some stuff cost like millions of points. Encourage us to get off the computer and phones too lol rewards us for sleeping. Maybe throw in a dating app for gamers lol. Rewards for eating healthy. Drink more water etc. Maybe track on mobile app how much we waste time on our phones or unlock and look at our phones. Or if we watched a show or movie on netflix or hulu or amazon prime etc. Track that too. Maybe manga and anime. That play a big part in the old original xfire era. Or with music too track that too. So we can share our likes and interests with community. And why not add dislikes and stuff we hate. Link xfire with other apps. Let us unlock custom sounds and notification alarms to unlock. Reminders. Community awards from other xfire users to give to other xfire users. Rating for xfire profiles like dark side light side Paragon renegade etc. Like to nicest person on xfire to the meanest. Some kind of feedback system. Daily login rewards.review of what we accomplish for the week or month or year some kind of tracker. Set goals. Have leaderboard global/ regions/ local / clans/ friendlist. Maybe to post on other websites like facebook twitter twitch etc. Link’s to mods for other games or xfire recommends games for community to play in our library or mmorpg we can all play together. Maybe let us vote as a community on events . Maybe have ai xfire( lol hay xfire turn on rgb lights or on/off lights) assistant like google or alexa or cortana or link with them. Maybe xfire sells computer parts and games keep scalpers and bots away. Xfire sell merchandise water bottles to RGB to clothing / cosplay and we can use only use xfire points or xfire cryptocurrency to buy or earn them. Maybe lets us gamble and bet our xfire points or xfire cryptocurrency. On local xfire tournament or even ourselves in like 1v1 or community / xfire clan tournaments. Have rewards and rank like number 1 halo clan on xfire this month or some game. 2xp for whole clan and members. clan wars. Maybe do a give away like little stuff from free amazon gift card or pizza or food ordoordash Uber eats credit to pc gaming hardware or controllers to even like top tier gpu like nvidia 3090 or whole gaming pc or wifi ax / wifi 6 gaming router. (Lol one free internet)Speaking of that why not a xfire GPN (xfire gaming private network) XGPN for short. Or even Xfire VPN for xfire members or tournament with xfire anti cheat or Xfire dedicated servers host for games that xfire users can join in xfire client. Like jedi academy. Or pc games that needed gamespy to play online or vitural LAN. We could revive quake 2 or old retro games from all era up to mondern day games. Servers browser for all pc games even mods or private servers for old mmorpg to bring back from the dead with voice chat built in. Will post and add more later

5 Likes

I think:

1. first you need to create a working and safe application. In it, we could look for friends, talk, arrange to play together.

2. Ability to count hours on multiple platforms (steam, psn, xbox, gog, ubi etc).

3. Server list and easy joining of our friends online game.

4. Ability to set up clans?

5. For the future, players may rank depending on the number of hours in specific games (let 1000 hours of solitaire will not be equal to 1000 hours of WoW;) ).

6. Calendar - ability to create appointments to be able to invite friends (connection with Google Calendar will be nice, iCal files?)

Sorry for not good English :wink:

Have a good day!

3 Likes

I’m telling you right now if your just going to host another discord data stealing app in electron then F right off.

The best thing you can do for your loyal users after the have hanged on for SO long is to release your software’s source code or at least the server for it.

1 Like

discord sucks and why would they release software source code what software are you even talking about and what servers. this isn’t even the same Xfire. did you even read the original post?

1 Like

I honestly think you should make two Xfire apps one that is .exe one that is for Microsoft Store then the one on the Microsoft Store then it will work on Xbox and Windows 10

1 Like

Is a full-blown app in the works that will function similar to Discord but for the community? I would like to get away from it completely if I can. I preferred using Skype before MicroSUCK bought it. lol

1 Like

we need also to support older PC’s and communities out there as well as adding the ability to have multiple data bases so the app won’t die AGAIN ( like you could make your own server to host the app with more freedom and people could make an emails and passwords to your own server database and add files and pics and videos as well as hosting multiple game servers so you can join you and your friend like a dedicated server or like a discord server were you could make a community inside a community app and also that would be a plan B in case of the Master server went down so you could have the app as well as the communites up and running the only con here is that your email will be shown to random person but to solve that the app once you start it you won’t make an email or register you would join as a guest and then make an email with in the app and literally an email like @Xfire.com and then join up to the communities without taking much DAMGE to you or others so the app and the community would live on)

also we need a built in app store like PC app store were you could upload your games or mods or download them

also we need a communication system like in team speak or discord but we need it better and supporting older os’s

1 Like

for when the app Xfire?

don’t support older os drop support for anything older than windows 10.

No definite date yet, but we’re targeting this year 2021. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s something to consider, but we’re also considering having the break point at Windows 7. A lot of the retro and veteran gamers in the community use it.

1 Like

We appreciate everyone’s input (negative and positive, it’s all good)! Keep 'em coming! Let’s all make the new generation of the Xfire.com app the best it can be!

1 Like

Please can you allow us to make clan pages again :slight_smile:

1 Like

We will certainly be looking into getting clan pages and threads as part of the development. We know how important clans and guilds are in the overall structure of the past and going into the future.

1 Like

Thats brilliant thank you. So happy to see the original and best game program Xfire coming back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

i would love to have on app the gametime tracking, as the old app did it was almost perfect.

1 Like