Microsoft Flight Simulator Update

For anyone who enjoys messing around with this, there was a new update that was released today I believe. There is quite a long list but some of the highlights are VR for all, live snow tracking and weather enhancements, as well as new training missions to help you take off and land better.

NEW CONTENT

• Virtual Reality is now available to all users as a free update for all OpenXR-compliant headsets! Visit the VR options menu in-game to enable the feature.
  • Two new training missions will help you take off and land with the Airbus A320neo.
  • Live Weather is enhanced with Meteo blue data to include snow and ice coverage.
  • Spotlight Event now features an Airbus A320neo Landing Challenge. See how well you do after training!
  • Sam and Rufus liveries for the Aviat Pitts Special S2S
  • Aviators club livery for all 30 planes available in the Marketplace for free!
  • Test pilot livery for all 30 planes will be granted to all Alpha and Beta testers!

You can view everything else the update did here:

1 Like

I completely forgot about this game! It is nice to see they are doing logical updates and making the experience better overall. I was actually going to get it and changed my mind because it seemed underdeveloped in certain areas.

I never played it. I did see it on YouTube via others playing it. Not a game I am interested in. It would be cool/fun for like 10 minutes and then I’d get bored.

I remember them talking about an update a month or maybe two months ago. I just thought it came out already and it wasn’t that big of a deal. I do have the game. Might pop onto it and see what the updates are about later.

Is this considered to be a pretty hefty update? I haven’t played this game since it first launched which was some time ago. I don’t know if it is worth installing the updates and playing it at this point.