Is anyone concerned about the disc drive issue on the new Xbox?

I don’t know if I should be worried about this or not. I heard some of the Xbox Series X seem to have some issues with not only reading some discs but any at all. Like you won’t be able to play any games on them. It would such to get one and have this issue. I don’t know if I should wait or risk buying one when they are available again.

I heard about this. I think this was the case for a very small batch and they are likely going to be fast with replacements for people so I wouldn’t worry about it too much. They always have extra stock for stuff like this happening as a backup or “insurance” if you will.

1 Like

Yeah, they sort this stuff out pretty fast too. I remember when the whole red ring issue happened with the 360. They were pretty fast with it. I got mine replaced in less than 2 weeks.

Wasn’t the PS5 having some similar issues or did I misread that?

Either way, I couldn’t swing getting a console this year. I had just gotten the Switch last year so I will get one of the others next year.

This is the first I am hearing about it. lol

To be fair, I don’t read up on news a lot of times. I haven’t looked into anything since the consoles have been released. I wasn’t able to preorder either console so I am just waiting until they are restocked. I am not locked into buying either so I will just get whatever becomes available first.

Figured I would post a bit of an update. I saw some people chatting about this on reddit and they are pretty fast with replacements. You can expect to have a new one in under 2 weeks if you get it replaced soon enough. I would imagine it will be harder once the holiday season is in full swing.