IO Interactive James Bond game?

IO Interactive has announced it’s working on an untitled James Bond game, Project 007. The teaser video gives no information about the game, but is a version of the classic gun chamber opening sequence from all Bond movies. You can tell that one character in this game will wear gloves, and there will be bullets, but that’s about it.

The game’s website features this text: “Featuring a wholly original Bond story, players will step into the shoes of the world’s favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.”

Source: https://www.pcgamer.com/io-interactive-is-making-a-james-bond-game/

I for one am a longtime James Bond fan and have played pretty much every Jame Bond game there has been. I am not sure how I feel about this though. I am worried it might end up being a flop. Should we be excited or worried? lol

1 Like

They did a great job with the Hitman series. The 3rd one is going to be coming out in January I think. I feel like this will end up being a good one. I fully intend on playing it.

1 Like

This really depends on who they focus on in terms of fans. If they pay too much attention to woke politics and pandering, the game will flop. Fans of the series don’t wanna see that stuff in a video game.

^ I don’t think you need to worry about “woke” stuff in a game like this lol

I get why it puts people off. We are all kind of sick of hearing about politics in every aspect of our lives. Heck, it ruined sports for me. Most games and dev companies stay away from this though because they know it will put off a lot of people.

1 Like

While I agree, we don’t have to worry about them going all PC on us, I think the game still might tank for other reasons. There have certainly been games that have come out and did the opposite of PC culture and did not fair well because the story was bad or the gameplay mechanics sucked.

It has been a long time since I played a James Bond game. While the newer ones might be decent, nothing will take away from the classics in my book. 007 is still one of my most favorite games.

1 Like

I will likely give it a try. I am going to wait until after the game comes out though and see if it is worth playing at full price. If the ratings aren’t great, I will wait awhile until it goes on sale.

Yeah, I don’t think they are going to “wokify” this game. lol I have no concerns there. My main concerns are about the story and general gameplay mechanics. I don’t want to see it come out and be a half functioning game with a stupid story.