I had no idea they were doing Happy Meal Pokemon cards again

So I used to love getting these just to get them. I didn’t go out of my way to collect them but I would try to get a few before they were gone. I saw a story about adult fans and scalpers ruining it because they are buying tons of happy meals. This kind of stuff makes me mad. Like these places have a limit on how many packs they get per restaurant so if you go there and buy up tons of them, you are screwing over kids from getting them and that is what they are there for. That is why they are included in a HAPPY MEAL. People really make me mad sometimes man.

I am not sure you read the story on this. There are actual employees ripping the cards off and hoarding them too. Like sure, adults are buying 10+ happy meals but when you have people who work there doing the same, it is a recipe for disaster.

When did this start? I would imagine there are commercials for it but I don’t have cable and seldom turn on my TV outside of watching streamed stuff.

They responded about this, not sure if you saw:

“We love seeing fans’ passion for our limited-time Happy Meal promotion celebrating 25 years of Pokémon. With such significant demand for our promotional Pokémon TCG cards, and some fans even going to extreme lengths to get them, we’re working quickly to address shortages and also strongly encouraging restaurants to set a reasonable limit on Happy Meals sold per customer. We want to offer the full Happy Meal experience to as many families as possible, and help ensure everyone is able to get in on the fun!”

Issue with this though is what number is right to limit people? Like some families have 5+ kids and some people buy meals for their own kids and their friends. I know this was the case with me growing up. Maybe make a rule that you only get one unless you have a visible kid in the car?

Yeah this won’t work. I know someone who’s younger brother works at a Mc Donalds. He is like 22 I think and a manager and he said no one listens to him for crap and there isn’t anything he can do about it. He fired some guy last year and got in trouble for it. The reason he fired him was because he was giving out extra food and messing up orders. They forced him back in and now he doesn’t do much of anything but collect a paycheck.

I heard about them bringing them back. They do them every year just normally not in the US. I think they do them every few years here. Either way, greedy people are going to ruin it for a lot of people. What else is new?

I didn’t know these cards in general were a big deal lol

I guess it is Pokemon related though so I shouldn’t be surprised. We have a Mc D’s that is like a 3 min drive from where I live and I drive past it several times a week. It has been booming lately and now I am starting to think this has to do with the cards lol

^ Pokemon is likely going to be a big deal for a lot of people for years to come.

Since it is not frowned upon for adults to be fans still, all the more reason. I had my cable/internet guy come by last week to replace some wires and he saw I was into some anime and spotted the one Pokemon thing I owned and told me how he loved he and his daughter can bond over it together. It is wholesome. Unlike this. Adults buying all the happy meals to hoard the cards lol

A friend of mine collects these. Has done so for like 15 years now. He got some of the cards from McDonald’s but what he does is only gets 5 meals per location. He donates the food as well. We have a homeless shelter that is by 3 McD’s and brings them the food. He does this for other fast food things he collects too.

1 Like

I think that is responsible of your friend @PKGamez considering he is not hoarding tons of them and is actually donating the food. That is a good thing.