Going to go back and play some SNES games on an emulator

I wanted to go back and play some old-school games. Been in the mood for it recently. Going to start with the SNES and go from there. What game do you think I should start with? I am debating. Part of me wants to play Super Mario Bros. 3 but I played that so many times that I think I should start with something that I didn’t play as much.

1 Like

So you want something completely random and difficult?

I always recommend the same game and people hate me for it: Mickey Mania

2 Likes

I never finished Mickey Mania. Hated that game lol

I was always a fan of the Aladdin game. Ironically enough, my sister loved the movie. I didn’t actually watch it until I was older but I really liked the game.

1 Like

Donkey Kong Country is always a good one. The first or second. Not a fan of the third but you might enjoy playing them in order. 2 is my favorite of the bunch.

1 Like

I absolutely hated that game!! I actually went back and tried playing it a few years ago and couldn’t even get that far in the game. I wanted to break the controller. I remember it being hard but not THAT hard!

I would suggest Harvest Moon but if you already play Stardew Valley then you likely won’t enjoy it as much. I played it when I was a kid so I actually prefer it but people who played Stardew and went back to that game don’t like it as much.

Harvest Moon was on the SNES?? Why do I not remember it being on that system? Wow, I am having a brain fart or something. I never played the game but I feel like it is something my sister would have loved and we didn’t own it.

It didn’t come out in the US and other regions until 1997 and by then, a lot of focus was already on the N64, likely why you don’t remember it being on the SNES.

1 Like

How about the OG Mortal Kombat games?

I haven’t played those in years. I kind of want to find some game files and play them again. I have my SNES and the games still, I just don’t know where they are. I have storage space in my basement and unmarked boxes, which was a mistake lol

Did you start on any games yet? I was thinking of doing this myself but I am not sure what to branch out into. I know there are plenty of games I hardly played or never played.

I have read through the suggestions and appreciate them.

I have not started playing anything yet. Since posting this, I had a lot on my plate and not much free time to enjoy anything gaming-related aside from a bit on the weekends. I am going to get some games stocked up to play though. Since I am busy this weekend, I will be starting next weekend. I have a few games already. I think I will start with the first suggestion being Mickey Mania. I only remember playing that game once and never finished it.

1 Like

I know those feels man. You make plans and then have to put them off for other stuff. I have had to do this so many times for different projects and ideas. Being an adult can suck sometimes lol

Damn I missed out. I wonder if I can find that on ebay somewhere. I still have my snes somewhere, might be worth digging out and playing it.

1 Like

You can get it on eBay for $20 but it comes from China so that might just be a bootleg version. The actual copies being sold on there in the US are $80+ from what I can see. Some are asking as much as $300 for it.

1 Like

Yikes! That is a lot. I guess I might be better off just trying to find it as rom. I’d hate to do it but I am not spending that much on a game that old. Most I would be willing to spend is $20.

1 Like

I’ve been trying to beat the Mickie Mania game since I last posted in this thread, no joke. I haven’t played it every day but I average like an hour a day and man… This game is hard. Did kids really use to play this? lol I am going to give it a few more tries to get past the part I am stuck at and if I can’t do it, I am going to play something else.

Yeah, same. I wouldn’t spend this much either. You might luck out and find it elsewhere. Roms for Nintendo games are getting cracked down on though too so good luck finding one.

1 Like

Yeah, that is what my friend said. They started cracking down on them heavy like 5 years ago so a lot of them are laced with viruses and crap.