Games to look forward to in 2021?

Saw a list of some games with release dates for next year. Going to post them below. Anyone looking forward to any of these games this year?

Hitman 3 - January 20 (PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series, PS4, PS5, Stadia)
The Medium - January 28 (PC, Xbox Series)
Outriders - February 2 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series)
Little Nightmares II - February 11 (PC, PS4, Xbox One - Later in 2021 for PS5, Xbox Series)
Bravely Default II - February 26 (Switch)
Monster Hunter Rise - March 26 (Switch)
Humankind - April 22 (PC, Stadia)
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - First Quarter 2021 (PC, PS4, PS5)
Deathloop - May 21 (PC, PS5)
Far Cry 6 - May 26 [Potentially] (PC, PS4, PS5, Stadia, Xbox One, Xbox Series)
Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Spring 2021 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series, Switch)
Back 4 Blood - June 22 (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series)
Halo Infinite - Fall 2021 (Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC)
Resident Evil: Village - TBC (PC, PS5, Xbox Series)
Ghostwire Tokyo - TBC (PC, PS5)
Gotham Knights - TBC (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series)
Horizon Forbidden West - TBC (PS4, PS5)
God of War: Ragnarok - TBC (PS5)
Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart - TBC (PS5)
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 - TBC (PC, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, Xbox Series)

Honestly, the only ones on the list I am interested in is Hitman 3, Halo Infinite, and Ghostwire Tokyo. I haven’t looked into much on the other titles or I have no interest in them anyway.

Completely forgot about most of them. I see mainly just average/meh AAA titles that will appeal to their selective fanbases. Nothing really special is standing out to me. I feel like the next few years will be slow in terms of great titles coming out.

There are a few I am looking forward to playing with the obvious being Ragnarok. Who knows when that will come out though. They could easily push it back another year if lockdowns get out of hand again.

It is going to be a weak year but this tends to be the case when new consoles are released. Next year there will be a lot more big titles out there for sure. There are only a few I might play on the list.

I don’t know which, if any, I will play at the moment. I have not been very invested or interested in recent titles. I think Death Stranding did me in with the hype. I was excited for that game and felt so disappointed after playing it.

My friend said the same thing. He said that was the last game he got really excited for and it just killed games for him. He still plays some but not nearly as much as he used to. He is more into watching tv series and reading books now.

I am fairly skeptical of big name sequels since the cyber punk disaster (you could play as a female).

However I can’t help but be excited for Darkest Dungeon II and the new VAMTB.

Here is too a better 2021 :wine_glass: :wine_glass: :wine_glass:

Lego Star Wars? Those games are still being made? What year is this? LOL

I mean there are some decent titles on the list which I am sure will be good or at least okay games but I am not overly excited for anything thus far.

A lot of people still buy those titles for their kids or just fans of the games in general. I mean I played the Lego Batman game when it came out and I had fun with it and I am far from a kid. lol I think it is just a casual game anyone can play which is why they keep making them. They make money.

I kinda want Halo Infinite but I’m also ok with waiting patiently until it’s finished so i can get through my backlog. Nothing else I can think of interests me!

2 Likes

Do people legit still play Ratchet & Clank games? I didn’t even know they still make those lol I remember them when I was a kid.

I guess. I mean to me, they seem like they wouldn’t be popular anymore since they did them into the ground and you can’t really make lego games look better.

The Halo game probably will be a decent game but with longstanding titles like that one, I tend to wait a while to play them just for the hype to fizzle out and the real reviews to come out on the game.

I honestly ignore reviews but unless the game is bugged out like cyberpunk I am playing it! …just maybe not on day 1 :yum:

deathloop and halo infinite are pretty exciting to me idk about the rest. wait and see I guess

It isn’t going to be a huge year for gaming, not from where I am sitting but there are some solid titles coming out this year. At least we will have things to keep us busy in our downtime if this lockdown BS continues. Hoping they stop those and just go with mask mandates like mentioned.