Do you game in standard or 4k?

I have yet to upgrade to 4k and my reasoning is basically being cheap. lol Like I can afford to upgrade my PC and use a 4k monitor but I haven’t really felt it was necessary to enjoy games. I have a 4k tv for console gaming though.

Do you use standard HD or have you upgraded to 4k?

2 Likes

Just 1080p for me. I don’t need nothing fancy. I get why some people want 4K cause it does show more details and what not but I am not fussed over it.

2 Likes

I have both but I have two desktops. I think it is worth having 4k for modern games. Like I have played on the 4k screen for awhile and going back to the other one, you can see the difference.

I have two screens. The first one is a 4k monitor. the second is just Full HD. I just got the 4k because my husband bought himself a curved one, so he didn’t want it anymore. My luck, lmao
My computer isn’t THAT bad or THAT good either, more like a 50/50 lol, so i can’t play everything in 4k… but on the other hand I don’t want to play everything in 4k either.
→ But also I have to admit that watching videos in 4k is kinda cool, depending on what it is :smiley:

2 Likes

I had a 4k screen for my PC but it got messed up in a move a few months back. I went back to using my old one that luckily, I left at my brothers and he wasn’t using it. I have yet to buy a new one. I have to wait until I get other things sorted out before I can spend $300+ on a new monitor. The one that broke was $379.

1 Like

I game in 8k

1 Like

Just standard for me. I don’t need to upgrade. I am fine with what I have. I do intend on getting a 4k monitor and upgrading my PC but I am waiting until I move into my own place. Renting a small apartment right now and should be moving out and getting a house this spring.

1 Like

Upgrading to a 4K display this weekend. I got one ordered and it will be arriving on Saturday. Can’t wait to play some games on it.

1 Like

I do a mix of both since I have a 4K TV. I don’t have a PC built that can support a 4K resolution just yet but I am planning on getting one this summer. Just have to make sure I can budget for it.

What monitor is it? I been looking at getting one but I am not sure what to go with. I typically always go with acer monitors but the 4K ones seem pricey.