Do people still even play Pokemon Go?

I mean outside of kids/teens. I don’t ever see adult fans playing the game anymore. It kind of just dwindled and became nothing after the first year it was launched. I always see updates for it and new things being added to it but no one in the Pokemon community talks about it anymore, none that I follow anyway.

My friend’s wife plays it with their son who is 8. She loved Pokemon growing up and got back into it around the time he was born so they share an enjoyment for it which is cool.

1 Like

Some still do but not many. I think Covid19 probably lowered the number of people playing because everyone is avoiding each other and some areas force you to wear a mask even when you are outside. Not everyone wants to wear them for hours while playing a game.

1 Like

Depends on who you ask. I see communities online that are mostly 18+ that still play weekly. They do events and have social gatherings for the game. Probably haven’t had much of those this year though given the circumstances. I don’t play myself but I never played it to begin with.

1 Like

I never did. I prefer playing for the story and the competitive play. This kind of removed both. I get there is an appeal for adults and some adults still do enjoy it but it was never something I was interested in.

1 Like

I didn’t even know this was still a thing. I know everyone and their mother was playing the first few months. I mean people that haven’t shown any interest in Pokemon ins YEARS were playing it. Outside of playing the online card game, I have nothing done much with the series since I was a kid.

1 Like

Okay, so there are still people playing but not in great numbers like when it launched.

That is a fair point too about Covid. They probably are preventing people from playing it, especially kids right now.