Diablo 2 Resurrected

With Diablo 2 getting an HD remaster, what are your thoughts? Note that the vanilla version is still going to be available. Consider the details as we know them so far (and it’s not available yet, but you can apply to be an Alpha tester):

1 Like

I tend to enjoy HD remakes of classics but I know a number of them have really gotten bad feedback over the last few years. I mean, I am interested in playing this. I know people tend to be a bit worried when Blizzard is the one behind the remake but I think it will do fine.

1 Like

The Warcraft 3 remaster was a shitfire. But, the team handling D2 is Vicarious Visions which handled Destiny 2 and Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater 1 + 2. It’s in good hands.

1 Like

I fully agree with you.

I played the original for several hundred hours. I hope Resurrected will pull me in just as much.

1 Like

I’ll probably stick with the originals (still have my disks!) because I don’t really wanna dl the battle.net launcher. Petty reason, I know. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I still play the OG game from time to time. Been a few years though. I mean if it gets good reviews, I will likely buy it. People were already saying it will tank because of what happened to Warcraft but like Borg said, different team on this one.

1 Like

I was never big into the Diabo franchise but I might give a remake a try. Its been awhile, maybe I will enjoy it more. Not going to buy it until I see the reviews though. I learned my lesson doing that. lol

1 Like

I’m still waiting on Blizzard to make D2 available on GOG, personally. I already got the Diablo 1+Hellfire from GOG. On that note, I’m surprised they did a D2 remaster and not D1 first. Of course, D2 was the more revolutionary and popular title, so that might have factored into the decision.