CD Projekt SA Makes a Defense Against Lawsuits

CD Projekt SA, the Polish video-game publisher of Cyberpunk 2077, said it will defend itself vigorously after an investor sued the company for allegedly misleading holders of its depository receipts and incurring losses.

The investor filed the suit in federal court in Los Angeles, claiming he was misled by the maker of the error-plagued game, which caused shares to dive after its release earlier this month. Sony Corp. removed Cyberpunk 2077 from the Playstation store, and Sony, Microsoft Corp. and the company were forced to offer full refunds for the game.

“The plaintiffs call for the court to adjudicate whether the actions undertaken by the company and members of its management board in connection with the release of Cyberpunk 2077 constituted a violation of federal laws, i.e. by misleading investors and consequently causing them to incur losses,” the company said in a filing late on Friday, vowing to defend itself “vigorously against any such claims.”

Source:

Oh boy, what a year. I for one think they need to own up to the fact that they lied. The game was not finished and loaded with bugs and they took millions from investors under false claims. They already apologized for this mess but yet in court, they have done nothing wrong?? Hmm, doesn’t add up to me!

I know, right? They admitted they messed up but yet they somehow didn’t at the same time. Pick a lane ffs. This is just sad. The game is okay, I mean bugs and all considered. It still looks good but they should have held off on releasing it.

What about Bethesda games? I mean why hasn’t anyone gone after them? It seems a bit like a BS jab that that company can get away with releasing games riddled with bugs and issues and no one bats an eye but Cyberpunk gets pushed in front of the bus from day one.

I really hope this doesn’t become a long-drawn-out thing where they keep losing money to the point where they just stop working on the game altogether.

Did you guys take a look at the lawsuit? It is a hefty hitter. Take a read:

I don’t know what they are going to do about this.