Budget RGB keyboard?

I want to find a solid RGB keyboard that is not too expensive. Ideally, I stay below $50. Does anyone know of a brand/make/model that has full RGB and good keys? I am not sure what options I have. I see a lot of them under $50 but they seem to be cheap brands that don’t last. The last few keyboards I have owned, the keys end up becoming faded.

Well of the ones I know of for under $50, the HyperX Alloy Core RGB is one of the better ones. You get the full keyboard with media control buttons and optional color settings. Some places carry it for $40, others for $50+. I think Amazon has it right now for $39.99.

1 Like

If you are looking to buy right now, I would suggest hitting up some sales. Like Fishbein mentioned, there are ones on sale on Amazon right now. The Redragon K580 VATA RGB is in your price range at the moment and this is the keyboard I use. I quite like it a lot.

I think it is more worth it to wait until you can spend more. You mentioned fading keys being a complaint. That will happen with most budget keyboards. The one I am using is the Rosewill NEON K75 RGB. It runs around $70. Spend the extra $20 and get something that will last.

1 Like

I was going to say the same thing @Phantom9

You are better off spending more upfront if you want it to last otherwise you will just end up buying another one in 2 years or less. I kept getting budget ones and have gone through 3 of them in less than 5 years. I finally spent more and have had the same keyboard for almost 2 years now with no issues at all.

1 Like

Which ever you decide to get, go with one that has changeable keys. This way if they do fade or you have that kind of issue, you can just replace them easily with other keys. I have cherry caps on mine which are very easy to find online, for cheap too.

1 Like

This is something a friend mentioned and I think you are both on to something here. My keyboards otherwise worked fine so the cheap keys were the big issue. I will see what I can find.

I still say spend a bit over your budget and just ensure you get a good keyboard. Did you end up finding any deals over black November?

I can bet you more will go on sale this month.